Choosing a career path with Houston Methodist means doing your best and receiving the best in return. We are proud to reward your exceptional commitment, skills and talents with an array of benefits and programs designed to enhance your life. Excellence starts with a solid foundation. Be supported through:
- Medical Plan (choose one of two plans)
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan (choose one of two plans)
- Vision Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance (paid by Houston Methodist)
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
(paid by Houston Methodist)
- Optional Life Insurance (employee and/or dependent)
- Voluntary Death and Dismemberment Insurance
(employee and/or dependent)
- Short-Term Disability (paid by Houston Methodist)
- Long-Term Disability (paid by Houston Methodist)
- Workers' Compensation (paid by Houston Methodist)
Retirement Savings Plans
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity with employer matching
- Defined Contribution Plan – Houston Methodist makes contribution
- Savings Bond
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care
- Dependent Care
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employees earn PTO accruals biweekly beginning at your date of hire, which may be taken as accrued
- PTO sell program occurs twice a year
- In addition to PTO, Houston Methodist observes a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
Transportation options vary depending on the Houston Methodist location. Generally Houston Methodist will subsidize one of the following:
- Metro options including rail pass, local bus pass and Park & Ride pass
- Van Pools (VPSI)
- Tuition Reimbursement – Houston Methodist will reimburse employees for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level education courses that are job related.
- College Scholarships for Children – Houston Methodist offers scholarships for children of employees who are enrolled in approved programs leading to a degree in health care. (To be eligible, employee must be employed for a minimum of two years full-time with Houston Methodist.)
Employee Assistance Program
- All employees and dependents have access to resources to help with everyday challenges of work and life.
- Employees may participate in a variety of wellness programs that promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Employees may participate in a plan that provides assistance with legal matters.
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Pays benefits for stays in a nursing home or assisted living facility, as well as a host of other services including home health care, adult day care, hospice care, and homemaker services.
- Various coverage levels and lifetime benefit maximums are available.
- Offers security to you and your covered eligible dependents.
- Reimbursed for eligible expenses for the adoption of an unrelated child after the adoption is final.
- The benefit may be applied to a maximum of 2 adoptions per year per family.
- Assists in balancing work, home and other family obligations.
The Back-Up Care Advantage Program
- Eligible employees receive 5 days per calendar year.
- This benefit provides normal child or elder/adult care services.
- Access to day center-based care or in-home care.
- Provides peace-of-mind in case your normal care arrangements are compromised.
- Employee Discounts on many services
Employees who are classified as part-time or regular full-time are eligible for coverage in our benefits program if scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. There are differences in benefits coverage between part-time and full-time employees.
New employees who meet the eligibility criteria are eligible for benefits coverage from the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified above. Offering so many ways to be healthy, wealthy and wise, Houston Methodist invites you to learn more about the advantages the Houston Methodist team experiences every day.