Job Ref: 18745
Talent Area: Maintenance/Construction
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Facilities - Maintenance
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 277 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Responsible for the overall operation of the Facility Management Services and Security Departments. This responsibility includes building and equipment maintenance, design and construction activities, central plant operations, grounds maintenance, and security services for the entire hospital complex. Leads, directs and manages all facility maintenance and security activities to include staffing, equipment processes and operating procedures in a reliable manner to minimize system failures and provide a safe, effective environment of care. This position enforces personnel policies and procedures for both departments to include 2 managers and approximately 70 employees. This position manages annual departmental operating budgets of approximately $6 million and on-going annual capital budgets of approximately $2 million. Has thorough understanding of NFPA and JCAHO EC standards. Is an active member in the Environment of Care safety committee and participates in the various EOC sub-committees. Makes critical decisions in emergency situations related to severe weather and security issues that affects the entire complex.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, directs, and controls activities for the overall operation, maintenance and security of the hospital facility.
2. Establishes and maintains short and long term operating and maintenance objectives for the campus, including renovation, construction, engineering, security and space planning for the Hospital.
3. Establishes departmental procedures. Ensures that approved System-wide departmental policies, procedures, and objectives are clearly understood and effectively applied within the department; by development and review of operating plans, programs, and capital and expense budgets submitted by the departments.
4. Ensures that the organizational structure of the departments are efficiently planned and adequately and competently staffed.
5. Recommends or approves compensation changes for personnel within department in accordance with Hospital policy.
6. Provides continuous assessment of construction, engineering, and maintenance operations scope, schedule, and budget.
7. Reviews and evaluates the results of departmental activities, and takes appropriate actions as necessary.
8. Develops and trains personnel within the departments. Reviews and appraises performance of departmental management staff.
9. Serves on hospital and system-wide committees as related to the operations of the departments, to include but not limited to: EOC safety committee, EOC sub-committees and Facilities Construction Process Standards committee.
10. Develops and directs preventive maintenance and service request programs. Analyzes cost and work schedules, sets, priorities, and expedites operations and/or repairs for all projects at the hospital campus.
11. Responsible for developing and updating JCAHO environmental plans related to Security Management, Fire Safety, and Utilities Management. Assists EOC committee members with the development and maintenance of JCAHO environmental plans for Safety Management, Hazardous Materials, Emergency Management, and Medical Equipment Management.
12. Coordinates building code compliance and corrections. Ensures approval of governmental, regulatory, and accrediting agencies, including but not limited to: EPA, TJC, OSHA, City of Sugar Land, Fire Marshal and TDSHS.
13. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
14. Demonstrates the components of Service PRIDE standards.
15. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree required
Ten years progressive plant operations management experience of which at least five years are hospital or health care related.
MUST HAVE ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE OF WHICH INCLUDES OPERATING ROOMS
Excellent communication and analytical skills with demonstrated performance in organization and financial management. Thorough knowledge of established System-wide policies and procedures. Must be able to effectively communicate with executives and all levels of System management. Must be able to effectively exercise independent judgment and discretion in decision-making. Knowledge of System-wide budget development and implementation procedures.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.