Job Ref: 19429
Talent Area: Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Cardio Diagnostic
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 18 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Pediatric Echo Tech to work PRN (as needed).
Must be able to independently perform echocardiographic procedures of common congenital heart diseases according to standards set by the echocardiography laboratory and obtain accurate data with minimal supervision. This individual must have an excellent understanding of physiology and anatomy with knowledge of pathology as it pertains to the heart. Will independently perform and provide timely preliminary report of findings on patients including premature infants, neonates, children, adolescents and adults referred for evaluation of suspected or known congenital and acquired heart disease. Obtain image and Doppler information required to define complex congenital heart disorder of patient referred for evaluation of non-corrected anatomy and function and/or evaluation of surgical reconstruction or repair, or placement of prosthetic devices. Assist in training hospital residents, students and technologists from other institutions as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will perform a variety of cardiac examinations utilizing various types of equipment in order to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical and pathological data for the diagnosis of disease. 2. Will assume on call responsibilities as needed to insure that the department is adequately covered at all times, holidays and weekends included. 3. Echocardiographer will be confident enough in his/her ability to report findings to Cardiologists in ¿on call¿ situations. 4. The Echocardiographer will ensure that exams are transferred and QC`d on the Echo PAC`s system for interpretation by the Cardiologist. 5. Will be proficient in ordering exams in the Radiology Information System accurately without errors. 6. Will perform portable Echocardiograms in various units as required. 8. Understands and follows departmental policy and procedures. 9. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information. 10. Monitors supplies to maintain par levels and reports and or orders supplies as needed to maintain par levels. Keeps Ultrasound department adequately stocked. 11. Demonstrates ICARE Values. Performs other work as assigned. 12. Follows all safety rules on the job. Reports accidents promptly, & corrects minor safety hazards. attends 85% of departmental meetings. 13. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Echo PACS, computer systems and hospital information system.
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited Cardiovascular Technology Program
Minimum 2 years experience in pediatric echocardiography
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDCS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (RCS)
RDCS (PE) is preferred
BLS through American Heart Association is required.
Will consider applicants who are not registered with an appropriate amount of experience. Registry must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Professional appearance and demeanor.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Bilingual abilities a plus.
3. Willing to cross train in multimodalities.
4. Advanced computer skills a plus such as knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.