Job Ref: 21432
Talent Area: Laboratory
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: BioMarker Research Cancer
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 440,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,150 staff members, 270 principal investigators and has more than 600 ongoing clinical trials.
Utilizes skills to provide technical research laboratory support in performing research experiments. Maintains records of data collected. Assists in the organization, tabulation and analysis of data with limited supervision by the laboratory manager or Principal Investigator. May do blood draws as required by the research protocol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs technical laboratory research.
2. Follows technical instruction in setting up and conducting experiments, including biological assays, quantitative and qualitative analyses.
3. Maintains records of all tests performed and data collected.
4. Assists in compilation, tabulation, and analysis of data.
5. Makes minor modifications and repairs on laboratory equipment.
6. Calibrates and operates a variety of laboratory equipment.
7. May perform surgery on laboratory animals.
8. Effectively utilizes computer systems.
9. Adheres to internal controls established for department.
10. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) with 5+ years experience Or Masters w/ 2-5 years experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Normal working conditions.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.