Job Ref: 21633
Talent Area: Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: WB Ortho - Clin Ops
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
The Radiology Technologist I will independently perform all diagnostic Radiology procedures, verify and transfer to PACs system for interpretation. Collaborates with other staff and leaders in the development and operation of the department and provide direct patient care to patients within the clinical setting while working with all levels of staff directly.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
1. Collaborates with other staff and leaders in the development and operation of the department
2. The employee will use independent judgment and clinical knowledge to complete radiology films requested by physicians accommodate special requests from those physician as needed to obtain proper images for clinical use.
3. The employee will have interactions with all levels of staff and management, physicians, patients and families to obtain information needed to perform clinical services and provide service as indicated to methodist policies and procedures
4. Utilizes courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with patients, physicians/office personnel and various hospital personnel, while maintaining patient confidentiality. Appropriately utilizes ACD/CISCO telephone system.
5. Communicates appropriately to the assistants/PAs during clinic to allow a smooth transition when working with the patients
1. Will be able to enter patient demographics and required information into the PACS with accuracy.
2. Monitors supplies to maintain par levels and reports needed supplies to the person responsible for ordering
3. Works directly with physician to assist in ensuring proper views and images are obtained and collected for billing Works with billing department to assist in problem solving when billing questions occur regarding radiology.
4. Complete proper paperwork when working with patients and physicians directly while organizing outside requests for images and properly identifies the costs of such images
1. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
2. Follows all safety rules on the job. Reports accidents promptly, & corrects minor safety hazards
3. Understand and follow departmental policy and procedures for Radiation protection of employee and patient
1. Perform all diagnostic x-ray procedures as ordered by physicians
2. Will be able to independently verify & transfer exams into PACs system, and be able to transfer to CD as required. To be able to merge documents, patients and exams into correct folders in PACS and correctly identify demographic errors from admitting and imaging department.
3. Demonstrates ICARE Values and follows all policies and procedures as indicated by the department and institution
4. Works closely as a team to provide excellence in customer service and ensure that the patient experience is one of excellence and according to Methodist Expectations
1. Ability to travel to satellite locations to support physicians if needed.
2. Maintains required certifications and requirements for performing job duties and constantly educates self on proficiencies within the orthopedic arena
3. Works with manager to improve areas requiring concern as indicated and strives for excellence in the workplace
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or GED
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program.
New graduate that is Registry Eligible or newly registered Must obtain Registry within one year of EOD if not registered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (preferred)
Medical Radiological Technologist Certificate from TX Department of Health (required)
Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (required)
Required Licenses: Medical Radiological Technologist Certificate from TX Department of Health
Required Certificates: Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
Required Registrations: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English. Bilingual abilities a plus.
The Radiological Technologist I is expected to take responsibilities on
Departmental and facility committees. Must have own transportation and willing to travel to satellite locations to support physicians during clinic.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Physician clinical environment and direct patient car
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.