Job Ref: 21843
Talent Area: Professional
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Grant Contracts
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 440,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,150 staff members, 270 principal investigators and has more than 600 ongoing clinical trials.
Under the direction of the Director: Grants and Contracts, the Contract Analyst is responsible for various duties, which include contract review and negotiation and analysis of budgets for clinical trial agreements, basic and translational sponsored research agreements, confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements from industry, government, and academic sources
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Independently reviews, negotiates, and finalizes agreements on behalf of TMHRI within institutional guidelines, all applicable policies & procedures, and relevant federal regulations;
2. Reviews budget information for compliance with institutional policies and federal regulations;
3. Exhibits comprehensive understanding of Institution`s interests with regard to specific agreements;
4. Maintains the highest level of responsiveness and service while communicating contract status: compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, execution, and termination;
5. Maintains thorough documentation in an efficient and organized manner to facilitate effective knowledge transfer;
6. Conducts 1self in a professional manner in verbal and written communication at all times.
7. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The department is responsible for the pre- and post-award management of grants and contracts awarded to the institutions research personnel. TMHRI currently reviews and negotiates approximately 80 new clinical trial agreements annually.
Bachelors Degree Required
Minimum of 2 years of experience in paralegal, legal, operations, research, or regulatory position. Experience in other positions utilizing basic analytical skills will also be considered.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. The candidate must have understanding of contractual issues, relevant contract law and health care policy within clearly defined parameters in accordance with institution policies, federal regulations, and professional ethics.
2. The successful candidate must possess the following skills/characteristics: exceptional organizational and time management skills; excellent communication skills both oral and written; analytical and problem-solving skills; interpersonal skills; attention to detail; work well independently as well as in a team; ability to manage multiple tasks/projects; self-initiative and motivation; teamwork and facilitation skills; excellent customer service skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; and computer proficiency and literacy.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.