Job Ref: 22043
Talent Area: Technical
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: AS NEEDEDWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: The endoscopy technician is responsible for providing high quality assistance in the endoscopy suite. The endoscopy technician will assist with the preparation of endoscopy procedures, anticipate physician needs during endoscopy procedures, and assist with the clean-up of the endoscopy suite. The endoscopy technician will also be responsible for assisting in the cleaning and sterilization of the endoscopes. The Endoscopy Technician practices in concert with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital`s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates knowledge about all endoscopy equipment and the uses thereof.
2. Employs working knowledge of endoscopy technician role in the provision of assistance during a variety of endoscopy procedures including but not limited to: gastroscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, and ERCP.
3. Maintains and accurately processes and updates physician preference cards.
4. Assists team members in maintaining inventories. Monitors and orders supplies to maintain par level.
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
6. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Properly cleans and disinfects/sterilizes endoscopes, equipment, and accessories.
8. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information.
9. Generally works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear, professional and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
10. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
11. Demonstrates Service Pride Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two years of patient care experience is required. Previous experience in an endoscopy suite is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR required. New Hires or those new to the job will have 3 months from date of hire or change department to obtain CPR.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.