Job Ref: 22278
Talent Area: Administrative Management
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: MPO Administration
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for management support of both the short and long term objectives of the Physician Organization, which in turn, support the direction and objectives of The Methodist Hospital System.
2. Responsible for practice operations to obtain and maintain, and operational efficiency and effectiveness in physician practices.
3. Establishes benchmarks for operational efficiency consis10t with industry standards and monitors organizational effectiveness. Ensures appropriate staffing levels and skill sets relative to benchmarks and performance goals.
4. Gives direction and guidance to support the responsibility of the Department Administrators, Practice Administrators, management and staff to meet or exceed goals in operational efficiency, quality and patient satisfaction.
5. Works with finance staff to establish appropriate budget; plans and organizes areas of responsibility to accomplish operational and strategic objectives and does so within budget.
6. Works collaboratively with revenue cycle activities to enable the Physician Organization to achieve best performer results in billing and collection.
7. Works collaboratively with managed care activities to obtain and maintain optimum managed care fee schedules and contract compliance.
8. Works collaboratively with financial planning, monitoring and reporting of the Physician Organization that in turn, support the direction and objectives of The Methodist Hospital System.
9. Works collaboratively with community hospital leadership to evaluate community physician practices for potential Physician Organization employment.
10. Works collaboratively with TMHS legal to structure employment agreements and any other legal documentation necessary to recruit physicians.
11. Works collaboratively with community hospital staff, revenue cycle staff and physician practice staff to on-board new practices.
12. Works collaboratively with TMHS IT and external contractors to ensure effective performance of pertinent IT systems.
13. Supports training, monitoring and operations that assure high levels of compliance with ethical and legal business practices.
14. Provides the leadership necessary to achieve a satisfied and compe10t employee work environment. Directs, delegates and oversees work efforts as appropriate to ensure the highest quality and best possible delivery of service. Hires, coaches, develops, disciplines and terminates management and staff as necessary. Develops subordinates to perform these same functions.
15. Serves as an effective and positive interface between Departmental administrations, TMH executives, physicians and the Physician Organization administrative staff.
16. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE Values statement and complies with Business Practices standards for performance.
17. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree in business, health care administration, or a related field required.
Experience in finance and managing physician practices.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of organizational strategies and operational objectives.
2. Knowledge of the industry and impact of the department on overall objectives.
3. Skilled in coaching, counseling and developing others.
4. Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures.
5. Skilled in team building, team participation, and achieving organizational success.
6. Strategic thinker; insightful decision maker.
7. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
8. Skilled in verbal and written communication.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.