Job Ref: 22426
Talent Area: Laboratory
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY - 8 hour shifts
Work Week: As needed
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
Responsible for performing both simple and complex analyses, which necessitates knowledge of laboratory techniques, principles, and equipment and their interrelationship. Exercises good judgment by using critical thinking skills and deals with issue resolution concerning the day-to-day technical operation of the laboratory. Insures that specimens are accessioned and processed expeditiously in order to deliver quality laboratory results in an effective and cost efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes specimens to be evaluated.
2. Performs and interprets analyses offered by the laboratory accurately and efficiently according to established procedures. Able to perform phlebotomy if necessary.
3. Maintains accurate and orderly records of tests performed.
4. Uses independent judgment and discretion to recognize problems, identify causes and take corrective action.
5. Generally works well with others making contributions to the work effort as a whole. Facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear and professional.
6. Performs, evaluates, interprets and documents quality control of equipment and procedures within established guidelines.
7. Performs and documents routine equipment preventive maintenanceand minor repairs.
8. Readily assists in development and/or implementation of new or revised procedures and is receptive to change.
9. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement and complies with the business practices standards for performance.
10. Demonstrates high standards in providing customer service/patient satisfaction.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a bachelor degree in a related field.
2 years experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must meet the eligibility requirements and/or be certified by the Board of Registry (ASCP, NCA or a discipline specific registry) communication.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of the functional discipline of the work area.
2. Knowledge of work area processes and procedures.
3. Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in planning and organizing the work area.
6. Ability to analyze and solve both simple and complex problems
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.