Job Ref: 22669
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: PT/OT - OP
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 18 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as ordered by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant, and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate patient`s level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment.
2. Monitor patient progress; maintains timely and accurate patient records.
3. Complete all patient documentation timely and enter charges for services provided.
4. Supervise those treatments delegated to COTAs and technicians.
5. Cooperate/collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client`s current or recommended treatment, current progress and/or discharge planning.
6. Ensures proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
7. Participate in individual and staff development activities.
8. Assists in program development and expansion of services.
9. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Have a minimum of 1 year experience but would consider a new grad who have demonstrated exceptional skills and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current Texas licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification through American Heart Association.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Able to work independently or as a team member.
3. Has specialized knowledge in the Acute and Outpatient settings.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.