Job Ref: 22909
Talent Area: Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: AS NEEDEDWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists with interventional and therapeutic cardiac procedures including but not limited to peripheral and coronary angioplasty, stents, rotablators, artherectomy, laser, and coronary ultrasound. Assist with electrophysiology procedures including ablations and device implantation. Able to work in a fast paced environment, employing critical thinking skills and patient safety focused due to rapid changing patient status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Proficiently perform duties of CV Tech or EP Tech working as a team member to provide quality patient care. Has a comprehensive understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology and related disease processes and conduction system.
2. Scrubs for procedures providing direct assistance to physicians during entry of vessel, wires, catheters, and balloons. Circulates during procedures assisting physicians with procurement of necessary equipment, patient instruction and vital signs.
3. Familiar with types of sheaths, catheters, balloons, stents, set up of ablation procedures and implants. Removes sheath and catheters upon completion of procedure. Able to use C-clamp, monitor site, and apply dressing.
4. Transports patients to and from the Cath Lab as needed.
5. Able to operate all equipment utilized in the Cath Lab and performs basic equipment troubleshooting and care. Restock supplies and assists in maintaining par levels.
6. Should be able to positively interact with physicians and co-workers. Uses discretion and confidentiality in words and actions.
7. Document via hemodynamic monitoring system during procedure. Obtains hemodynamic and EKG data for analysis. Documents patient/actions taken during procedure, calling other departments/physicians as necessary.
8. Responds appropriately in an emergency situation. Has a working knowledge of Basic and Advanced Life Support.
9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
10. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Technology Program
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 2 years experience in a Cath Lab required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.