Job Ref: 23095
Talent Area: Respiratory
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Respiratory Care Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
** Part-time Opening**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Exercises independent judgment and critical thinking skills to perform routine Respiratory Care in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures including: a. Administer and monitor treatment modalities b. Prepare, administer and monitor medication delivery c. Administer and monitor gas therapy d. Assess each patient`s cardiopulmonary status
2. Accurately documents all patient care and respiratory related activities in the Respiratory Care Information System and adheres to other hospital required documentation requirements.
3. Exercises independent judgment and critical thinking skills to perform Advanced Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures including: a. Implements, monitors and evaluates ventilatory support b. Evaluates patients and recommends therapeutic interventions c. Completes specific training on new procedures with documented proficiency
4. Advances clinical knowledge as demonstrated by participation in optional education opportunities, at10dance at all required inservices and remaining current on recent medical publications
5. Maintains Professionalism as demonstrated by : a. Adherence to the Time and Attendance Policy b. Adherence to the institutional dress code c. maintenanceof current licensure and/or CPR requirements d. Active Membership in Professional Organizations related to Respiratory Care
6. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement
7. Follows all safety rules and policies and attends all required training in a timely manner. Reports accidents promptly and actively correct minor safety hazards.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care Associate Degree program or its equivalent. Bachelors Degree in Respiratory Care preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Recent Graduation from Respiratory School accepted. 5 years ICU level experience preferred. 2 years experience credited for Bachelors degree
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Registration (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Current Certification from the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Basic computer skills required. 2. Must be knowledgeable in the current practices of Respiratory Care including protocol management. 3. Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally with other members of the health care team. 4. Must have the ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.