Job Ref: 23104
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Main Campus MOB Bld Srv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of five hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 17,000 employees. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Under the direct supervision of the shift Manager and/or Team Leader, this position will perform according to established procedures a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital and adjoining buildings in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition. Employee will utilize the latest in supplies, equipment, and techniques in the pursuit of high quality standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas and department areas in a clean neat and sanitary manner.
2. Maintains all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas, department areas, clinic areas and corridors with the correct routine or preventative maintenanceprocedures as outlined in department policy or as requested.
3. Maintains responsibility for at10dance and punctuality.
4. Will complete all work in a timely fashion, and according to high quality standards.
5. Will maintain professional conduct at all times.
6. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and compe10ce by adherence to hospital and departmental annual training commitments.
7. Inspects own work and utilizes cleaning techniques/procedures as outlined in floor maintenanceprogram.
8. Will be efficient and safe in the use of housekeeping equipment and solutions as observed by Manager.
9. Utilizes electrical motorized floor equipment for routine maintenanceof resilient floors and carpets.
10. Will execute cleaning strategy as directed by leadership.
11. May function as an assistant in special floor care projects, and may function as a project leader for specific assignments.
12. Will provide routine cleaning maintenanceof all equipment used.
13. Expected to report all faulty equipment promptly.
14. Will assist in waste removal as assigned.
15. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
16. Will use appropriate ICARE customer service behaviors at all times.
17. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including project floor care procedures. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position does not require grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, but it is preferred. Employee must be functionally literate with the English language.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including project floor care procedures. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position does not require grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, but it is preferred. Employee must be functionally literate with the English language.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 1 - 2 years prior experience, preferred. All skills will be subject to 1 week of in10se on-the-job training. Skills will be assessed to determine ability to work independently. The Training Coordinator will direct initial assessments, then again at 90 days by Shift Manager.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Membership in any Housekeeping Association will be viewed as a hiring advantage. The employer as deemed necessary will offer all other certifications on-the-job.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. The position requires an annual skill assessment and re-certification for floor care procedures. 2. All assessment and certification tools; however, are provided by the department.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.