Job Ref: 23143
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: PT/OT - Psych
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective treatment plans, and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per Department Policy and Procedure (10%).
2. Provides safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions (10%)
3. Plays an active role in the discharge planning process (D/C Rounds, Team Conferences, equipment recommendation/ordering, consulting with Care Manager, etc.) (10%)
4. Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel (5%)
5. Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc.) (10%)
6. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.) (10%)
7. Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department standard for productivity (10%)
8. Successfully completes all annual requirements on time for continued employment (10%) E.F. a. State Professional Licensure b. Job Skills comptentency Assessment c. Age-specific comptentency Assessment d. CPR Certification e. Mandatory Safety Tests
9. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement and ServicePride standards. (10%).
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards (10%)
11. Performs other job-related duties as requested (5%)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 1 year`s experience. Psychiatric and phys-dis experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners Certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Strong interpersonal skills 2. Must complete Physical Therapy (PT)/ Occupational Therapy (OT) Competency Assessment upon hire and on annual basis.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.