Job Ref: 23311
Talent Area: Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Cardio Diag
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
1. Performs electrocardiograms, routine treadmills and cardiac stress studies to consistently produce high quality results. Verbally reports life-threa10ing dysrhythmia, severe bradycardia and advanced conduction defects to Cardiology fellow or cardiologist present.
2. Interacts with the patient in a professional manner and provides patient care to include provision for the patient`s comfort safety and medical support. Provides patient education concerning procedure. Exhibits deportment expected and necessary for the functioning of a professional clinical area.
3. Instructs students, Preceptorship fellows and other staff as assigned.
4. Accurately enters study results and generates patient reports. Assists with the operation of the reception area as assigned.
5. Schedules cardiology procedures.
6. Participates in the Laboratory`s Inservice/Continuing Education Program as assigned and defined by policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE value statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 2 years experience as an Cardiology Technician Level I. CV certification preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of advanced Electrocardiogram (ECG) arrhythmia and conduction defects.
2. Knowledge of all types of stress tests. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with physicians and allied personnel.
3. Maintains current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.