Job Ref: 23621
Talent Area: Laboratory
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Immuno Diagnostics
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Manage all aspects of data analysis and storage and bioinformatics support at Houston Methodist Hospital Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine. Specifically perform bioinformatics and statistical analysis for Next Generation sequencing experiments as well as develop pipelines and application tools for laboratory scientists.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospitals Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. P
1. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance at all times.
2. Demonstrates self-motivation in performing job duties and following procedures.
1. Accountable for the proper use of equipment and supplies.
2. Utilizes all available work time by assisting others and performing additional tasks.
1. Maintains compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies.
2. Prepare bioinformatics analysis protocols and report templates.
1. Perform bioinformatics analysis for Next Generation Sequencing assays.
2. Train staff to perform bioinformatics analysis.
3. Maintain hardware, software, and databases used in the lab.
1. Develop and validate pipeline, application tools, and application upgrades.
2. Provide statistical support to health science research projects.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.