Job Ref: 24109
Talent Area: Professional
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Educ Medicine
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Working closely with Methodists Graduate Medical Education (GME) office and attending physicians, the Residency Program Coordinator supports the program directors, the faculty, and the Residents by coordinating administrative functions for residency training programs with no less than 12 residents and no more than 24-30 residents in one program or in two to three programs of like specialty. May also coordinate small 3rd or 4th year medical student rotations.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Coordinates all medical school rotators with the Undergraduate Medical Education Project Specialist in the Department of Graduate Medical Education.
2. Coordinates observers, rotating residents, and fellows with the Department of Graduate Medical Education.
3. Maintains up-to-date department Alumni database.
4. Assists in upkeep and maintenance of alumni records.
5. Implements department policies pertaining to house staff. As delegated, represents Program Director on program administrative matters
6. Works with Program Directors, the departmental administrator, and the residents to facilitate all aspects of the Residency training program. This may include some public relations and/or efforts to improve the facilities or services available for the Residents. (EF)
1. Works with the Director of Graduate Medical Education on the Program Budget
2. Updates operative statistics, publications, grants, and residency information on the department¿s web site on a regular basis. (EF)
3. Prepares reports on operative procedures as needed for Program Directors, the departmental annual report and web site, the Methodist GME office, and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Residency Review Committee (RRC).
1. Enters and maintains currency of data into Residency Management Software Suite, including demographic, rotation, schedule, evaluation, conference, and licensure information.
2. Updates GME on Licensure, Permit and Certification standing of all residents.
3. Assists with the institutional graduation ceremony
4. Maintains current database of faculty and resident publications, grants, presentations, and awards.
5. Assists with data collection for the Residency accreditation reviews. Assists in data collection for questionnaires or medical record-based research projects.
6. Coordinates all administrative aspects of the residency program
1. Assists with New Resident Orientation ¿ Institutional
2. May serve, upon election, to the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) and other designated department committees. (EF)
1. Participates in the Internal Review process as a member of the Internal Review Panel for other programs.
2. Supplies required information to the Department of Graduate Medical Education for Internal Review
3. Coordinates and schedules all aspects of conferences, including presenters, audio/visual equipment, and meals and/or refreshments
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
3 years of experience in the coordination of residency training programs in the United States.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Please list below the required and optional Licenses, Certifications and Registrations. If multiple licenses/certs/registrations are available specify the preferred license/cert for the job.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Flexibility with regard to work hours is required; attendance at early morning conferences or weekend/evening sessions may be required.
Familiarity with medical anatomy and terminology is desirable.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with residents, faculty, medical students, and peers, as well as the ability to establish strong professional working relationships with the various educational support departments.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Normal office environment.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.