Job Ref: 24856
Talent Area: Technical
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Cardio Diag-Imaging
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
This position will work Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm and one weekend per month, plus takes call.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs any of the following, either all or in part: standard and complex EEG, EP, EEG/Video Monitoring or PSG neurodiagnostic procedures under supervision. Receives advanced training in the above mentioned neurodiagnostic technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates basic knowledge in neuroanantomy and physiology, basic electronics and electrical safety, general knowledge of EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition, and various medical and pharmacological conditions that influence the EEG. Acquires advanced knowledge of brain/neuroanatomy and function, disease states encountered in neurodiagnostic practice, electrical patterns of brain/neural pathways in normal and pathological circumstances.
2. Accurately records electrical activity of the brain/neural pathways with increasing independence; obtains accurate history and explains test to patient and/or family members, accurately measures and applies electrodes, records impedance, calibrates equipment prior to recording; identifies and corrects artifacts, uses montages and/or activation procedures appropriately in order to obtain optimal recording. Provides technical services to patients of all ages and conditions.
3. Accurately and neatly completes all forms/records/charts.
4. Maintains neurodiagnostic equipment and labs in good operating condition. Reports equipment problems to manager promptly.
5. Communicates effectively with patients of all ages and conditions, and family members to contribute to the quality of the neurodiagnostic procedure; utilizes customer service principles.
6. Communicates effectively with co-workers, medical staff and other hospital personnel to contribute to the quality of the neurodiagnostic procedure; treats all individuals with dignity and respect and participates in activities to improve working relationships within the department.
7. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
9. Participates in hospital and departmental goals and objectives.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school graduate/GED is required. Must be a graduate of an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology program or equivalent formal training. Some college level course work is preferable. Eligible for/or successful completion of the Part I (written) examination for registration by ABRET.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have 1-3 years of experience in neurodiagnostics; good communication and interpersonal relationship skills are needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Must possess a certificate of formal training or must be eligible for the ASET registry examination. Current BLS Health Provider CPR from The American Heart Association is required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.