Job Ref: 25138
Talent Area: Research - Clinical
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Neuroscience Program
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.
Functions as independent scientist and may be allocated space, resources, and other operational support within TMHRI. Individuals in this position are expected to have their own extramural funding and publications portfolio. Evidence of teaching, patented or licensed discoveries, extramural recognition, institutional service, collaborative and effective interactions with other faculty and staff, and, where relevant, clinical excellence and performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and manages independent grant portfolio.
2. Develops and publishes in high impact journals
3. Administers funds provided by the specific grant(s).
4. Defines problems and possible solutions as dictated by the research project.
5. Establishes procedures to be applied for projects.
6. Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
7. Coordinates and provides technical direction to the work activities of research staff engaged in projects.
8. Performs and supervises those procedures which require a highly developed technical skill.
9. Analyzes data and interprets data.
10. Reviews scientific literature.
11. Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
12. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Ph.D.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Varies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED N/A
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.