Job Ref: 25269
Talent Area: Professional
Houston, TX 77054
Area/Department: Supply Chain-Mgmt
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
This position is responsible for coordinating the contracting of commodities as assigned, from initiation through terms and conditions and legal reviews to signed contract and implementation in accordance with internal policies and procedures, including but not limited to investigating alternatives, reviewing cost effectiveness, soliciting bids and negotiating with vendors. Position works closely with the Value Analysis Team. Responsible for coordinating contracts that cross lines of responsibility within the Medical/ Surgical Contracting Team or Capital Services Team. This position also works in conjunction with GPO to implement associated contracts.
1. Respond to all communications from internal/external customers within defined service level of 24 ¿ 48 hours.
2. Meet with assigned departments at least quarterly.
3. Work in conjunction with Value Analysis Team to complete product conversions.
1. Evaluates and prioritizes existing contracts for opportunities to improve contract benefits and/or reduce costs based on annual work plan savings in assigned discipline. Works closely with Value Analysis to determine most advantageous participation.
2. Research and analyze GPO contracts to identify the most cost efficient contract opportunities. Insures compliance with GPO contracts across all areas of responsibility.
3. Prepare financial analysis necessary to arrive at financial impact and report findings on a monthly basis.
4. Negotiate contract pricing, terms and conditions in addition to monitoring price compliance throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
5. Addresses contract price conflicts in conjunction with Buyer
1. Responsible for audits of contract performance across all areas of the Medical/Surgical or Support Services responsibility to insure that the Health System is maximizing and obtaining earned contract value.
2. Perform maintenance/distribution of contract modifications including terms and/or pricing with appropriate stakeholders.
3. Maintain and enforce a safe work environment, models and adheres to all safety policies, procedures and practices.
1. Develop RFP's and informal bids. Manage bid process through contract award and product set up in materials system and with distributor.
2. Coordinate weekly with distributor for synchronization of contracting price and details.
1. Review current and existing contracts to identify additional value add for the Health System
2. Identify areas of contract opportunity to increase contract penetration and reduce costs.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred.
Five years of experience in supply chain management, inventory management and/or purchasing experience or previous experience as a buyer in a hospital healthcare setting and experience negotiating and analyzing data required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
A recognized materials management certification such as AHRMM or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) is preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Possess ability to work with complex legal documents.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to engage clinical and non-clinical staff, vendors, and distributors.
Ability to manage large volumes of contracts in different stages of completion.
Ability to conduct due diligence of contract details before recommendation to sign, such as assessment of clinical needs, financial impact, and terms and conditions.
Competency in Microsoft Office products.
Ability to success in a self-directed, fast-paced environemnt with changing deadlines and priorities.
Demonstrated ability to initiate and facilitate problem-solving processes when issue or concerns are identified.
Knowledge of medical/surgical supplies and equipment is desireable.
Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office products.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.