Job Ref: 25316
Talent Area: Nursing Asst. / Medical Asst.
Kirby Emergency Care Center
Houston, TX 77098
Area/Department: Emergency Services-Kirby
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Nursing Asst. / Medical Asst.
The Houston Methodist Kirby Emergency Care Center is an emergency room that brings to Houston’s Upper Kirby neighborhood the same high-quality care for which Houston Methodist is known. The ER houses 10 exam rooms, full digital radiography suite, low radiation dose 16-slice CT scan, ultrasound and a full on-site stat chemistry lab.
This position is located at the Kirby Emergency Care Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides care to patients assigned within unit specific defined limits.
2. Performs and documents treatment and procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the licensed nurse.
4. Records care administered according to established procedures.
5. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies as established on the unit.
6. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
7. Participates as a team player.
8. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
9. Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.