Job Ref: 25336
Talent Area: RN - Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Pearland,, TX 77584
Area/Department: Pearland Imaging
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: PRN
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
This position is PRN at our Pearland Imaging Center.
EXPERIENCE IN RADIOLOGY OR IMAGING PREFERRED
The Staff Nurse II is a Registered Nurse (RN) who provides nursing care to patients in an organized, effective manner. The Staff Nurse II embodies the behaviors associated with the Leadership, Art and Science of Nursing (identified in Duties and Responsibilities) at the Proficient level. The Staff Nurse II practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with The Methodist Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence, as well as the ServicePride standards. Different specialties may require additional and more specific experienced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates critical thinking, creativity, and versatility in problem solving and handling complex situations.
2. Maintains knowledge of the patient`s condition and knows when to negotiate a change in the plan of care with the physician and other members of the care team.
3. Provides patient education regarding disease process and involves patient as well as family/significant other, when appropriate, in decision-making process.
4. Assesses patient progress, collaborating with other nursing staff when needed, in accordance with the nursing process and established plan of care.
5. Acts as a patient advocate in coordinating with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate holistic and goal-oriented approach to care across the continuum that meets the patient`s physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
6. Calmly manages all, including the most complex, clinical and interpersonal situations.
7. Seeks feedback to gain insight into performance, interpersonal behaviors and incorporates feedback to improve performance.
8. Accountable for own on-going professional growth and development.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees, and hospital information at all times.
10. Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Demonstrates ICARE Values
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with current Texas licensure. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required. Different specialties may require additional experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Current license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas required. Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Normal office conditions, clinical, and non-clinical areas of facility. Extensive use of computers. Use of personal computer to abstract data and develop reports. Prolonged sitting and standing may be required. Some activities may be in hospital units with typical hospital environmental hazards and concerns. Some travel required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.