Job Ref: 25381
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Varies
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
PRN inpatient PTA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Implements treatment programs as established by supervising Physical Therapist.
2. Communicates patient`s performance and response to treatment to Physical Therapist.
3. Recommends modifications in treatment program and goals based on patient`s response to treatment.
4. Maintains timely and accurate patient records.
5. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding patient`s treatment and progress.
6. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
7. Participate in individual and staff development.
8. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
9. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Performs other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistant approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 1 year of experience. Will consider new grads who have demonstrated exceptional skill and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current Texas license as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Demonstrates good communication skills and interpersonal skills. 2. Has specialized knowledge and skill in areas of acute care, orthopedics, wound care and /or aquatic treatments. 3. Demonstrates good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work and Excel programs.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.