Job Ref: 25405
Talent Area: Nurse Practitioner
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Cardio Diag-Nuclear
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Functions as a primary care provider maintaining and promoting the health of the patient requiring acute care. Affects direct patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Standards of Nursing Care policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates appropriate, timely patient care from unit admission to unit discharge, under physician supervision, for a defined patient population(s), focusing on identified expected unit/optimal outcomes individualized to the patient.
2. Coordinates patient care between healthcare providers. Rounds with physicians/surgeons and attends interdisciplinary rounds.
3. Conducts comprehensive health assessments (initial, ongoing, discharge), identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes on defined patient populations(s).
4. Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders. Accepts accountability for outcomes in health care.
5. Performs invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary for defined patient population(s).
6. Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgement to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with healthcare team members to manage/coordinate patient care.
7. Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate. Serves as preceptor for Nurse practitioner students and medical resident(s).
8. Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.
9. Maintains current licensure and credentials. Remains current in practice.
10. Participates in professional activities such as research, presentations, and publications.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
¿CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.