Job Ref: 25479
Talent Area: RN - Supplemental/Float
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Nursing Admin
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: FULL TIME NIGHT 7P-7A
Work Week: M-F, rotating weekends
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
The Registered Nurse II - Float is a registered nurse with the knowledge and skills fundamental to nursing practice. They must demonstrate the behaviors associated with the Leadership, Art and Science of Nursing at the Intermediate level (identified in Duties and Responsibilities). The Colleague Staff Nurse practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with The Methodist Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and ServicePride standards.
MUST BE ABLE TO FLOAT THROUGOUT THE HOSPITAL BASED ON NEEDS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will be required to float to various assigned departments.
2. Demonstrates compe10ce in the clinical skills required for patient care while applying nursing knowledge and skills to clinical situations and assumes ownership for achieving patient outcomes.
3. Demonstrates critical thinking and priority setting in complex patient care situations.
4. Functions as a team member and role model, responding willingly to coworkers needs for assistance and partnership.
5. Practices and documents the nursing process reflecting the age-specific needs of the patient population.
6. Discusses and develops the plan of care for the shift with the patient and the multidisciplinary team and considers holistic patient/family needs when scheduling procedures and medications.
7. Provides unit-based staff education including the presentation of 1 departmental in-service a year.
8. Engages in life long learning as evidenced by formal and informal education as required by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
9. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families.
10. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
11. Demonstrates Customer Service standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
ADN accepted with requirement to be enrolled in BSN program within one year of hire date and graduated within two years of enrollment
BSN strongly preferred
At least 2 years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in area of practice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas
Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required through AHA.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must pass all competencies and skills testing provided upon hire and meet the criteria for Colleague status, in order to be successful in this role.
2. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
3. Basic computer literacy including keyboarding skills, ability to utilize Outlook and the ability to navigate in a Windows environment.
4. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills with all levels of healthcare team .
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.