Job Ref: 25730
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: SJM MOB Bld Srv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: 25 hours
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
The Environmental Services housekeeping aide will perform cleaning functions in the physical environment of the hospital in accordance with prescribed methods in order to provide a clean, safe and attractive environment for patients, guests and staff. He/She will ensure that all their area assignments are performed daily in accordance with departmental standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide daily cleaning services as trained in all assigned areas.
2. Remove all trash and linen, high and low dust, sanitizing, bed making, restocking of supplies, sweep, wet mop and or vacuuming of floors.
3. Routinely perform carpet spotting, shampooing, extraction and or stripping and refinishing of floors as needed.
4. Track, log and notify management of discharge activity and any safety and repair needs for all equipment, furnishings and fixtures.
5. Perform classroom set-ups as per the log book.
6. Always act professionally and follow the ICARE values in dealing with both internal and external customers.
7. Follow all prescribed policies and procedures and safety rules in the performance of their duties.
8. Participates in Departmental Meetings and relays information within the department in a positive manner.
9. Abides by departmental Dress code.
10. Insures all daily assignments are completed in assigned times.
11. Limits lunch periods and breaks to allotted time.
12. Performs all reasonable requests or other duties as requested by customers and managers.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma/GED preferred. Will consider 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 1 year of environmental services experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
WORKING : Extensive walking and standing. Some lifting of up to 30 lbs. Uses potentially hazardous cleaning chemicals. Uses Potentially hazardous equipment.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.