Job Ref: 25751
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: PT/OT - Sports
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: AS NEEDEDWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as requested by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluate patient’s level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment. Monitor patient progress; maintain timely and accurate patient records.
2. Complete all patient documentation and enter charges for services provided.
3. Supervise those treatment delegated to PTA’s or OTA’s and technicians.
4. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
5. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client’s current treatment, progress and discharge planning.
6. Consistently provides education to patient, family and/or caregivers.
7. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication), ability to deal with difficult situations.
8. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
9. Follows all safety rules on the job.
10. Perform other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Current licensure with the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current American Heart Association CPR certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Utilizes standard rehabilitation equipment as required. Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Includes inpatient units within the hospital setting, outpatient clinic and office areas. The clinical settings might include exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens, blood and bodily fluids, contaminated open wounds, sharp instrumentation, adhesives and electrical equipment. Adherence to standard precautions is required. Patient lifting is required. Work is performed indoors in an office and educational laboratory setting.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.