Job Ref: 25788
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: PT/OT - IP
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Assists professional staff with treatment procedures as assigned under direct supervision by licensed staff in outpatient and acute care setting to a varied age population. Performs routine departmental maintenance activities and a variety of basic office functions, including use of the telephone, computer, fax and copier.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED:
Varies – patient age group defined by each clinical area
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists professional staff with patient treatments under supervision.
2. Communicates patient’s response to treatment to the professional staff.
3. Demonstrates ability to utilize a variety of treatment modalities effectively.
4. Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, other employees and Medical staff.
5. Performs routine departmental maintenance activities.
6. Performs clerical tasks such as answering the telephone and entering charges.
7. Participates in individual and staff development activities.
8. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
9. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
1 year of college required.
Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in a rehabilitation setting involving both inpatient and outpatient.
Current BLS Certification Required
(Must be American Heart Association BCLS "Healthcare Provider")
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Demonstrates good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
Computer experience and/or willingness to learn
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized manner.
Includes inpatient units within the hospital setting, out patient Center and office areas.
The clinical setting might include exposure to hazardous chemical, blood borne pathogens, sharp instrumentation, adhesives and electrical equipment.
Involves frequent telephone and face-to-face contact with clients and families.
Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.