Job Ref: 25796
Talent Area: Nursing Asst. / Medical Asst.
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
**PRN / DAYS**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides care to patients assigned within unit specific defined limits. (EF)
2. Performs and documents treatment and procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures. (EF) a. Housewide skills b. Unit-specific skills c. High-risk/low frequency/waived test skills d. Completes compe10cies listed on PCAII Orientation Checklist
3. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the licensed nurse. (EF)
4. Records care administered according to established procedures. (EF)
5. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies as established on the unit. (EF) 6. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving. (EF)
7. Participates as a team player. (EF).
8. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). (EF)
9. Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer). (EF)
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
11. Performs other duties as assigned. (EF)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Must be at least 18 years of age High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 3 years of hospital experience. RN experience in non-USA country in lieu of PCA experience is acceptable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Basic CPR from AHA (American Heart Association) Current Certified Nurse Aide/Certified Medical Assistant or 3 Years Hospital/Acute Patient Care Assistant Experience
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English. 2. Must have basic computer skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.