Job Ref: 25804
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Guest Services, the Manager is responsible for all environmental services operations within a designated area of responsibility. The Manager is responsible for insuring quality and performance levels that meet established standards set by the Environmental Services Department and JCAHO. The Manager will monitor all finances related to labor and non-labor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manager plans, schedules and coordinates the daily environmental services operations.
2. Proactively makes and executes operational decisions within delegated authority.
3. Concerns or complaints are resolved with a sense of urgency by initiating appropriate recovery strategies.
4. Understands continuous quality improvement process. Conducts weekly quality inspections and guest interviews to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, builds relationships and measure quality. Responsible for teaching process improvement methods and is able to identify opportunities for improvement internally.
5. Assists the Director in the selection process of hiring, coaching and training of environmental services team leaders and associates. Initiates corrective action Consistent with hospital policies and procedures with a sense of urgency Insures annual performance appraisals are completed accurately and approved by the Director by their appropriate due date(s). Provides leadership which empowers team members to make decisions that consistently meet the strategic and operational objectives of the department.
6. Participates in planning, budgeting and financial control of cost centers within designated zone of responsibility.
7. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE Values statement and complies with Business Practices standards for performance.
8. Demonstrates ServicePride Standards. Concerns or complaints are resolved with a sense of urgency by initiating appropriate recovery strategies. Acts as a liaison between all shifts, maintaining open lines of communication between staff and management.
9. Follows all safety rules on the job and promotes an environment of safety awareness in housekeeping.
A Bachelor degree is preferred. Three years or more of progressive building or environmental service operations experience as a supervisor or team leader will be also considered. Environmental service experience and or membership/certification in professional facility management organization(s) may also be substituted for part of education requirement.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in management of housekeeping is required, with 3 years of demonstrated progressive leadership.
Must have knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA and Infection Control guidelines positive and constructive to peers and managers.
Skill base should include:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to create strong sense of teamwork, role model for expected team and customer service behaviors; provides feedback both positive and constructive to peers and managers.
Able to understand future needs of department, growth, market trends, changes in healthcare and the future evolution of the department, shares this with their associates and understands responsibility to respond to the future needs.
Ability to manage and lead teams of varying sizes with diverse membership; able to assist teams to identify their goals, stay focused, manage interpersonal conflicts or other agenda and effectively lead teams to a productive and successful outcome.
Ability to analyze and solve problems with a sense of urgency.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: NA
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Majority of managerial work will be conducted indoors within the hospital. Some assignments may be in hospital units with typical hospital environmental hazards and concerns. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires very good health and stamina; constant standing; occasionally lift (50 lbs.) and regular lifting and moving of full buckets, equipment, etc. Will be utilizing solvents and detergents endemic to hospital grade cleaning chemicals. Long hours are common. Will be required to work before and after shift to plan, or organize files, schedules, and projects. Weekend shift coverage is required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.