Job Ref: 25822
Talent Area: Laboratory
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Tissue Typing
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Performs complex analyses which necessitates a knowledge of laboratory techniques, principles, and equipment and their interrelationship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes specimens to be evaluated.
2. Performs and interprets analyses offered by the section accurately and efficiently according to established procedures.
3. Maintains accurate and orderly records of tests performed.
4. Uses independent judgment and discretion to recognize problems, identify causes and take corrective action.
5. Generally works well with others making contributions to the work effort as a whole. Facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear and professional.
6. Performs, evaluates, interprets and documents quality control of equipment and procedures within established guidelines.
7. Performs and documents routine equipment preventive maintenanceand minor repairs.
8. Teaches students, new employees and others as assigned by Manager. (Refer to Primary Instructor job description when applicable.)
9. Readily assists in development and/or implementation of new or revised procedures.
10. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement.
11. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
13. Performs other duties as assigned. Utilizes spare time to seek out and complete extra tasks.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of the functional discipline of the work area.
2. Knowledge of work area processes and procedures.
3. Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships as required in the operating environment.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in planning and organizing the work area.
6. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
7. Must meet the requirements on the competency checklist for assigned work area.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.