Job Ref: 25833
Talent Area: Professional
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Physician Alliance
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
The Quality Integration Specialist (QIS) is responsible for developing and monitoring quality, Integrated programs with physician practices, their staff and related health care entities regarding the services and education offered by the Houston Methodist¿s Physicians Alliance for Quality (HMPAQ). They will develop quality-integrated programs for implementation in the field and the most efficient ways to access and meet metrics required for these programs. The Quality Integrated Specialist will work closely with HMPAQ staff, Medical Staff, Hospital Directors/Managers/Executives and office personnel to deliver quality products. They must demonstrate their proficiency with The Bridges To Excellence (BTE), Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and other related Regional and National Quality Programs. Must be able to travel on a daily basis and manage multiple tasks.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to Performance Evaluation.
1. Meet with physicians and staff, freestanding emergency departments, clinics, and other health care entities to develop relationships to assist in educating those individuals and entities about the quality programs provided by HMPAQ Maintain a rapport with physicians, physician office staff, and transferring entities to promote quality and safety, effective community health care provider interaction and appropriate education, and collaborate relationships for successful engagement. Exercise professional discretion regarding sensitive and/or confidential issues. Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and be able to reevaluate priorities regularly. Display strong communication and diplomatic skills when dealing with internal and external physicians and office staff.
2. Assist our Aligned Providers in processing their BTE and PQRS qualifying documents.
3. Utilizing Crimson's Market Advantage, establish a baseline on all aligned providers and produce quarterly reports showing provider referral activities.
4. Instruct the Aligned providers' practices in the utilizing of HM's "Transitions in Care Program." (EF)
1. Monitor monthly/quarterly reports to find opportunities to meet/exceed quarterly targets. Meet with individuals and entities to develop relationships to improve communication and education.
1. Research, analyze and monitor quality programs to identify potential new programs and/or improve current quality offerings. Prepare reports to document and communicate activities. Stay current and adhere to Stark and IRS regulations in accordance with HMPAQ policies and I CARE values. (EF)
1. Effectively communicate any changes in programs and/or new services and programs. Assist transferring individuals and entities in problem-solving and act as a liaison in assisting them with any necessary resolutions. Document activities using approved software tool.
2. Have a proven record living the HM ICARE Values. (EF)
1. Coordinate activities related to quality programs, CME¿s and other physician/community events, including but not limited to, CME conferences, physician office education meetings, advisory groups, focus groups, luncheons and physician outreach introductions. May participate in the development of department specific web pages and marketing materials. (EF)
2. Facilitate primary care physician relations with Houston Methodist specialists to increase effective and efficient professional interactions. (EF)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Any bonus plan must conform to the following guidelines approved by the Methodist Human Resources Director of Compensation and the Department of Legal Services. A bonus plan shall include multiple metrics (at least three), only one of which may be based on a measure of volume of business down to a Department level, but no further. The combined metrics will be measured at threshold, target, and superior and the full metric amount must be met for all goals to achieve respective payout level.
All goals must be met at the threshold level to receive the threshold payout. Similarly, all goals must be met at the superior level to be paid out at Superior. Combine goals that fall below Threshold will receive no payout. Combined goals that fall between Threshold and below Target will be paid out at Threshold. Combined goals that fall between Target and Superior will be paid out at Target.
Metrics that may be utilized for the bonus plan include the following:
Quality, educational offerings, third party/physician satisfaction, process/through-put, professional development, expenses, in-service/compliance, provider contacts, and maintenance of volume.
No Methodist employee is eligible for a bonus if that employee is an immediate family member of a physician (i) on whom they call as part of their duties in this position, or (ii) who is a member of the medical staff of a Methodist hospital.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Minimum 5 years previous work experience involving physician relations, physician sales, quality improvement program implementations, or relevant experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
3. Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
4. Effective communication skills.
5. Positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
6. Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.