Job Ref: 25983
Talent Area: Professional
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Research Billing Compliance
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.
1.Maintain a working knowledge on third party regulations with emphasis on Medicare coverage and billing, as well as hospital and professional fee billing requirements.
2.Document clear, concise and complete follow up notes in billing system for each patient account worked.
4.Provide oversight of and perform detailed claims analysis and medical record review as necessary.
FINANCE - 20%
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 10%
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma; Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Hospital Administration.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in research billing and/or compliance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Minimum of one professional coding certification (CPC, RHIA, RHIT or CHRC) or must be obtain within one year of employment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Please add additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
· Working knowledge of clinical research billing, third party billing regulations with emphasis on CMS/Medicare rules.
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Effective decision-making and team-building skills.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain positive rapport with personnel at all levels and in all situations.
· Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
· Ability to work with difficult people and in difficult situations.
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to adjust to new requirements.
· Applies sound judgment in applying and interpreting policies, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations applying to compliance and monitoring.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Normal office conditions and environment. Work hours are regular. Some travel required to various Methodist Hospital System locations.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.