Job Ref: 26033
Talent Area: Pharmacy
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Technician I completes a variety of routine pharmacy services related to medication acquisition and distribution which include, but are not limited to: triaging phone calls, repackaging medications, labeling medications, charging/crediting medications, compounding medications, and inventorying medications. Ensures optimal patient safety and customer service.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with other health care professionals as needed for problem resolution and/or achievement of identified patient specific goals.
1. Assists with optimizing the safety and efficiency of pharmacy operations and to support the workflow needs of the pharmacy department.
2. Contributes in departmental efforts to resolve drug related problems and maximizing patient care.
1. Performs efficient and safe medication distribution functions such as, but not limited to: telephone triage, repackaging of medications, labeling medications, charge/credit of medications, compounding medications, and inventory of medications.
2. Provides support to the workflow and reports any problems to the appropriate parties. Accurately documents and completes paperwork for the assigned role/function.
3. Reports “near misses” and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
1. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Recommends solutions in achieving departmental objectives.
2. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
1. Participates in departmental projects activities, and seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Pharmacy Technician I.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
*See manager for details and tracking certification information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.