Job Ref: 22558
Talent Area: Administrative Management
Houston Methodist The Woodlands
The Woodlands, TX 77385
Area/Department: Spiritual Care
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist The Woodlands will be the eighth in the Houston Methodist system, offering The Woodlands community a full-service, acute care hospital with many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. The $380 million campus will feature a new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot facility.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, is scheduled to open in July 2017. Construction includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which opened March 2016. The Medical Office Building 1 includes a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center & Infusion Center, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Wellness Services, Outpatient Laboratory and Therapy, in addition to multi-specialty physician practices.
This position exists to direct the integration of Spiritual Care, Houston Methodist Values, and the HMTW Vision throughout Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital. The position directs the Spiritual Care Department in providing the highest quality pastoral care to patients, families, and staff, and ensures that the department provides holistic, inter-disciplinary care in cultivating the hospital’s Spiritual Environment of Caring.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 30%
SERVICE - 30%
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10%
FINANCE - 10%
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of an accredited school of theology with a Master of Divinity or equivalent.
· Parish experience or equivalent as judged appropriate by the interviewing committee.
· Five (5) years management experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
· Ordained clergy within an acceptable faith tradition.
· Commissioned by an acceptable faith tradition for ministry in a hospital setting.
· Board Certified Chaplain with Association of Professional Chaplain.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Skilled in verbal and written communication
· Ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships
· Ability to reflect theologically on institutional concerns
· Knowledge of organizational strategies and operational objectives
· Skilled in coaching, counseling and developing others
· Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures
· Skilled in team building, team participation, and achieving organizational success
· Strategic thinker, insightful decision maker, ability to analyze and solve problems
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.