Job Ref: 26210
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: Varies
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Responsible for room service to all patients and guests. Assists in assembling and delivering trays to the patient`s room for patients and guests. Assists in picking up trays from rooms and the cleaning of trays and utensils. Responsible for cleaning all pots and pans in station
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assemble trays for delivery to patients and guests. Cleaning and replenish of trays and utensils.
2. Provide attentive and courteous service to the patient`s guests and staff.
3. Communicates with Manager or Specialist any special requests of patients or guests. Follows through on all phone orders in courteous manner.
4. Practices established sanitary standards in the work place while performing of duties. Responsible for special cleaning and the removal of trash to a designated area.
5. Applies principles of all phases of safety and reports all accidents in a timely manner. Reports all malfunctions to the Specialist or Manager.
6. Performs other duties as assigned
7. Demonstrated the components of I CARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly are corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding and hazards identified in the work place.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired. Food Service experience helpful
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation principals Restaurant or food service helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
This is a description of the environment in which the work is performed as well as such ideas as need for overtime, travel, working with hazardous materials
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.