Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Responsible for the execution of sponsorships that deliver on Houston Methodist brand objectives. This position’s primary objective is to leverage existing sponsorships to their maximum impact and elevate the hospital’s image in the community. He/she will manage relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including sports teams, clients, physicians, community and external vendors.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist’s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Act as a liaison between sponsored organizations and hospital to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Works closely with various departments and hospital service lines to support business plan development as it pertains to sponsorships.
SERVICE - 40%
- Fulfills sponsorship agreements and ensures sponsorships are aligned to support System goals and objectives.
- Implements marketing plan for sponsorships, includes coordinating marketing strategies and implementing tactics across the System.
- Evaluates the success of sponsorships (including supporting tactics) to help in developing future marketing plans.
- Writes, edits and oversees design and production process for various newsletters, brochures, ads, scripts, letters, etc.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10%
- Ensure integrity of the Houston Methodist brand in terms of the readiness of the programs being offered, the consumer information being used to guide the marketing planning process, the use of the Methodist logo, and other relevant branding issues.
- Work across business entities and departments to create a consistent execution of the brand strategy and message for Houston Methodist-related marketing activities.
FINANCE - 10%
- Track and manage project budgets and submit appropriate invoices.
- Identify cost savings where applicable.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Networks with community leaders to build relationships and identifies new partner opportunities.
- Continuously benchmarks sponsorships with other industry leaders.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree; MHA, MBA, or related degree preferred
5+ years experience in marketing/communications/public relations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.