Job Ref: 26259
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week
M - F
With some holidays
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Performs exterior cleaning of Hospital facilities, and maintains exterior grounds, parking areas, parking garage and loading docks.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cleans parking areas, planting areas, parking garage, sidewalks, curbs, ramps, patios, loading docks and exterior trash cans. EF
2. Drives a work golf cart to haul materials & equipment and carries a work cell phone for job specific requests/needs.
3. Removes leaves, trash and debris from all exterior areas daily. EF
4. Pressure washes and cleans building entrances, sidewalks, patios and loading docks. EF
5. Cleans ground level exterior windows at Hospital entrances. EF
6. Will be efficient and safe in the use of exterior cleaning equipment as observed by Management. EF
7. Will provide routine cleaning maintenance of all equipment used. EF
8. Expected to report all faulty equipment promptly. EF
9. During inclement weather, will assist in cleaning the interior of the Hospital. EF
10. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to hospital and departmental annual training commitments. EF
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
13. Will use appropriate ICARE customer service behaviors at all times.
14. Performs all reasonable requests or other duties as requested by customers and Management.
High School Diploma or GED preferred;
Will consider 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
One year of environmental services/floor care experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to pass all mandatory in-services and all job specific competency testing
Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Will complete all work in a timely fashion, and according to high quality standards
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.