Job Ref: 26334
Talent Area: Other
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Centralized Telemetry
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Week: PRN (As Needed)
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
The Monitor Tech performs various functions that supports the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost-effective care. The Monitor tech employs effective communication skills in all interactions and when relaying important EKG changes to nursing staff. Maintains competency requirements for EKG interpretation, computer skills associated with the monitoring system and other job related functions. Maintains vigilant monitoring to ensure EKG dysrhythmias are reported and documented per policy. The Monitor tech practices I CARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and ServicePride standards.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains established departmental policies/procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and technical standards. (EF).
2. Demonstrates competency in EKG rhythm monitoring and prompt reporting of dysrhythmias, abnormal parameters or trends to nursing staff. (EF)
3. Maintains, accurately processes and updates EKG records according to department standards. (EF)
4. Provides prompt and personalized service to all customers. (EF)
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information. (EF)
6. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision. (EF)
7. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner. (EF)
8. Demonstrates proficiency in the use and maintenance of clerical equipment, such as computers, facsimile and printers. (EF)
9. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information. (EF)
10. Works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear and professional. (EF)
11. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) to all customers including co-workers. Accepts constructive feedback as opportunity for improving customer satisfaction. Demonstrates accountability in meeting scheduling requirements (EF)
12. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer). (EF)
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
14. Performs job duties in accordance with established policy/procedures and regulatory requirements. (EF)
Must be at least 18 years of age
High school diploma or its equivalent is required
Two years of secretarial/office or college/vocational training required
Types a minimum of 30 words per minute. Computer application skills required
Prior health care experience and/or medical terminology preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Must pass hospital EKG test upon hire.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.