Job Ref: 26349
Talent Area: Social Work
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Weight Management Center
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Facilitates behavioral support and intervention for patients in the medical weight management clinical setting. Works with an interdisciplinary team to develop plan of care for those seeking bariatric surgery and our medical weight patients. Performs bariatric psychosocial assesments.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Consult individually with members of the Medical Weight Management Program and Bariatric Program. (15%)
2. Collaborates with members of a multidisciplinary team to develop plan of care. (15%)
1. Helps minimize excess cost(s) by assisting and recommending solutions in achieving departmental objectives. (5%)
1. Recommend additional resources for treatment for members of the Medical Weight Management Program. (10%)
2. Practice safety, respond appropriately in emergency situations in accordance with The Methodist Hospital safety guidelines. (10%)
1. Incorporate Methodist Values in all interactions with public as well as staff. (15%)
2. Facilitate behavioral component of the Medical Weight Management Program. (15%)
1. Participate in program development of the Medical Weight Management Program. (5%)
2. Attends continuing education conferences to maintain knowledge of specific patient population. (10%)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business and/or clinical duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Minimum of Masters degree in psychology or social work.
Minimum of three years in a clinical setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Required Licenses: LPC or LCSW
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must function independently, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary team and staff.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.