Job Ref: 26440
Talent Area: Technical
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Works independently. Primarily does repairs and inspections of patient care equipment for safety and performance, and documents findings. Instructs clinical personnel in the proper operation of patient care equipment. Monitors the work of Biomedical Equipment Technician I and II and provides on-the-job training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment according to manufacturer's specifications and established policies and equipment maintenancestandards.
2. Performs repair and calibration of clinical equipment.
3. Organizes and coordinates maintenanceactivities and related documentation.
4. Provides in-service training for medical staff and clinical personnel on the operation of clinical equipment.
5. Recommends or establishes inventory of replacement parts and accessories for clinical equipment.
6. Evaluates and recommends modifications to clinical equipment.
7. Maintains operational status of test equipment and tools.
8. Identifies and reports unsafe or malfunctioning equipment and unsafe operational practices to department management.
9. Participates in the selection and installation of new clinical equipment.
10. Provides on the job training for BMET Trainees, BMET I, BMET II and contract personnel.
11. Capable of participating in 24 hour call.
12. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
14. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
15. Maintains high customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Certification from the International Commission on Certification of Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Equipment Technicians, or degree from an accredited college or university, with experience as indicated in the table:
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Degree or Military Equivalent - 8 years. Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree- 6 years. Certification- 6 years.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship skills, technical judgment, knowledge of JCAHO, FDA, AAMI, AHA, and ECRI standards and practices.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.