Job Ref: 26460
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv - Garth
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY - Must be able to work 6a-6:30p, 6a-2:30p, 5:30a-2p, 7a-4p. Does include weekends and holidays.
Work Week: Sunday - Saturday
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Responsible for taking diet orders from patients. Responsible for explaining which diet patients are on and answering questions regarding food choices. Assist with Patient tray assembly, manages meeting room schedules and catering needs. Actively participates in Performance Improvement initiatives. Responsible for correcting issues relayed from patients to appropriate staff.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values.
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in the dietary office.
3. Explain procedure for ordering of meals to all patients.
4. Communicate clearly and appropriately to take patient orders.
5. Practices good customer service at all times.
6. Keeping current and knowledgeable of patient diet orders and hospital menus.
7. Compiles all documentation into monthly reports specified by management staff.
8. Maintains current working knowledge of all information provide by Registered Dietitians and Managers.
9. Maintains computer skills.
10. Performs professional appearance and behavior at all times in the dietary office.
11. Assist in plating food items on patients’ trays during peek times as per team leader or manager.
12. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
13. Assist in creating reports and handouts per management request.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding hazards identified in the work place.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to read, write and understand English.
Previous Hospital experience preferred
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Ability to make sound judgments.
Customer focused service skills
Ability to quickly learn the different diet names and requirements
Computer literacy, i.e Microsoft Office, CBORD, MethOD.
Some lifting of up to 30 lbs.Uses potentially hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Uses Potentially hazardous equipment, Must adhere to Food and Nutrition standards of appearance and strictly comply Must comply with City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.