Job Ref: 26480
Talent Area: RN - Other
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Area/Department: Admin - Exec Offices
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
The RN Project Manager II (PM II) initiates, defines and manages very high-profile projects of considerable complexity and will set the strategic direction for the assigned area of responsibility. Presents business models that solve operational and financial problems for multiple departments. The PM II will lead, coordinate, and complete projects with minimal supervision, develop meaningful reports to support business activities, and communicate professionally and persuasively verbally and in writing.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Generate support and commitment to new ideas and their implementation
2. Effectively communicates project initiatives and change management activities
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently
2. Provides financial decision support and recommends improvements to the business model. Leads the development and management of operational and capital budgets.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
1. Operationalize strategic plans with timely execution of project/program deliverables.
2. Performs data management and analysis
SERVICE - 20%
1. Establishes practices that meet or exceed customer expectations and fosters a ¿customer focused¿ environment
2. Responsible for directing, developing, and implementing operational projects as assigned
1. Analyzes and assesses present and future needs, trends, challenges, and opportunities related to hospital operations
2. Participate in strategic planning for designated areas
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Ten (10) years of experience in related discipline to include 5 years of experience managing multiple, highly complex projects that are high profile in nature.
(MBA or MHA accepted in lieu of 2 of the years of non-project experience.
MBA or MHA combined with HM Fellow satisfies all experience requirements.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Please list below the required and optional Licenses, Certifications and Registrations. If multiple licenses/certs/registrations are available specify the preferred license/cert for the job.
Required Licenses: RN
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.