Job Ref: 26499
Talent Area: Technical
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
This position is scheduled to work from 7am-3:30pm
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: Works under general supervision. Primarily does repairs and inspections of patient care equipment for safety and performance, and documents findings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment according to manufacturer's specifications and established policies and equipment maintenance standards.
2. Performs repair and calibration of clinical equipment..
3. Organizes and coordinates maintenance activities and related documentation.
4. Maintains operational status of test equipment and tools.
5. Identifies and reports unsafe or malfunctioning equipment and unsafe operational practices to department management.
6. Orders replacement parts and accessories for clinical equipment as instructed.
7. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
9. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
10. Maintains high customer satisfaction.
B.S. Degree in Biomedical Engineering None
A.A.S. Degree or Military Equivalent in Biomedical Engineering None
No formal training 4 years of experience in Biomedical Engineering
EXPERIENE REQUIREMENTS: Experience in the above table refers to duties and responsibilities described above
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: None
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship skills, technical judgment, knowledge of JCAHO, FDA, AAMI, AHA, and ECRI standards and practices.
2. Skilled in the use of standard and specialized test equipment and tools used for the maintenance of clinical equipment.
3. Skilled in diagnostic troubleshooting of clinical equipment.
4. On the job training necessary:
a. Continuing Education Courses
b. Skill in using computerized Equipment Management System
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.