Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing complex analysis related to the clinical and financial operations of the hospital. This position is responsible for the routine analysis of data, monthly reporting and special projects for hospital administration. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with teams and take a lead role to perform the duties of liaison with the I.T. Business Intelligence Team. With experience in business, healthcare and technology projects, this position will be actively involved in developing and advancing Methodist’s best practices and tools for business analysis. This individual highlights performance issues, identifies problems, researches possible solutions, and forms conclusions to present to management and others involved. The position requires experience and knowledge of business systems, cost accounting, budgeting, benchmarking, and reporting statistical information in graphical and other presentation formats.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for being the reporting and content expert for multiple Hospital Clinical and Financial reporting systems including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence / OBIEE
- On a monthly basis, review the actual and budget Financial Accounting G/L data (from PeopleSoft) and report to and reconcile with Hospital Directors and Managers. EF
- Develop, monitor and report key system operational indicators and recommend improvements. EF
- Identify and recommend opportunities to employ new or enhance functionality in support of continued performance improvement. EF
- Maintain a working knowledge of the mainframe cost accounting system and its relationship to other financial and non-financial systems. EF
- Is familiar with the information contained in the hospital patient database and its relationship to other financial and non-financial systems (i.e., Patient Billing, Medical Records). EF
- Generate financial reports and make sure they are accurate and released on a timely basis.
- Recommend, coordinate and perform special projects based upon familiarity with issues of interest to hospital management.
- Maintain skills in statistical analysis and other data reduction, and in graphical and other presentation formats.
- Assist in the yearly budget process
- Responsible for maintaining the Solucient Action O/I benchmarking function including the departmental mapping, gathering quarterly statistical data and submitting the data to Solucient.
- Send out surveys to departments on behalf of Solucient, gather information and resubmit to Solucient.
- Explain Action O/I reports procedure to department Managers/Directors and research/answer questions.
- Map G/L and Job Codes to Action O/I database so that the departments have the appropriate costs and hours for reporting.
- Collect and submit quarterly statistical data for benchmarking.
- Run HBSI reports on results for internal review and decision planning.
- Assist in other requirements from UHC/Solucient.
- Practices good time management, good assessment in professional decision-making, and management reporting skills.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
- Demonstrates ServicePride Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
BBA, BS or BA with a major in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or related degree, is required. Master Degree preferred.
Requires four to six years hospital and/or budget and/or cost accounting or analysis experience in computerized accounting environment. Must have at least 2-4 years experience in Business Systems Analysis, requirement gathering and documentation as well as strong Project Management technical Skills. Masters degree may be considered in lieu of experience
- Extensive PC software skills and experience; including Microsoft Word/Excel/MS Access/ Project, and other database management and reporting software
- Background in business process analysis, system requirements, as well as data modeling and detailed functional design
- Advanced analytical thinking and creative problem solving, (ability to define multiple approaches to business problems, exposure to business process re-engineering)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Technical certificates, licenses and registrations are considered with experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, concepts, standards and instructions to others.
- Must be able to take a lead role to analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, analysis and design skills, communication and documentation skills, and strong customer service skills.
- Must have expert computer skills in working with office applications such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have organizational skills with special attention on details and be able to work independently.
- Demonstrable proficiency in simultaneously managing multiple priorities and assignments.
- Demonstrates proficiency to maintain expert knowledge about the system through participation in vendor classes, vendor client conferences, and working with vendor support.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.