Job Ref: 26512
Talent Area: IT/Telecommunications
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Facilities-Security Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Researches, designs and implements facility wide building automation system solutions that enhance and support TMH operational and business performance. Supports all users of application systems, timely implementation of and ongoing maintenance of applications, and provides the opportunity for enhanced user productivity. Systems include building automation, pneumatic tube, closed circuit television, access control, etc.
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist’s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Supports and educates building automation system users both in computer hardware and software areas.
2. Provides training on new or customized systems to all users.
3. Supports all users of application systems, timely implementation of and ongoing maintenance of applications, and provides the opportunity for enhanced user productivity. (EF)
4. Demonstrates components of the ICARE Values statement
SERVICE - 25%
1. Implements facility wide building automation system solutions that enhance and support TMH operational and business performance.
2. Designs or customizes software and systems for optimizing operational efficiency and improving business processes.
3. Troubleshoots and repairs pneumatic and electronic control devices and controller boards relating to HVAC, access control and other functions supported by building automation system. (EF)
4. Demonstrates Service Pride Standards
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Uses tools and equipment appropriately. Knows when and how to use tools and equipment to perform the job in an efficient, effective and safe manner. Consistently uses tools and equipment correctly on the job.
2. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
3. Provides the information necessary to maintain the system of metrics designed to measure FMS effectiveness at timely responsiveness to work order tickets created through appropriate dispatch services. Adjusts work activities and timelines as necessary to optimize response time on work order trouble tickets (e.g. average time to close ticket.) (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Researches cost of and vendor selection for new and expanded building automation systems. Develops scope of work, reviews vendor proposals, and works in conjunction with Procurement and Contract Specialist on awarding contracts. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 20%
1. Determines operational and business requirements and needs for developing solutions and optimizing performance of existing building automation systems.
2. Maximizes performance through efficient and effective use of the computer system.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree OR ten years of relevant experience required.
Five to seven years experience in the particular area of technical specialty, preferably in a healthcare or similar environment. Extensive controls background supplemented by training courses in HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning), DDC (direct digital controls), and pneumatic controls.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of various hardware and software including windows operating system, windows networking, knowledge of Microsoft SQL database, Microsoft server, Microsoft workstation and TCP/IP networks.
2. A high level of analytical ability is required in order to interpret and resolve complex technical issues, sometimes requiring original solutions in circumstances where the work product or service affects the design and operation of critical systems
3. Maintains and enhances a technical body of knowledge. Reads, attends appropriate training/educational programs, benchmarks with colleagues and otherwise remains abreast of contemporary and best practices. Seeks to continually improve processes, systems and consequent services.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.