Job Ref: 26556
Talent Area: Professional
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Cardio WB - Clinical Op
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
This position is at our Willowbrook location.
Impacts the management, planning, development, budget, and other administrative activities of an academic clinical and research department. Plans, manages and monitors operations of the Practice to support the administrative/clinical activities of the department. Provides excellent customer service while maximizing clinical revenue through efficient, effective and compliant procedures.
Manager Level Practice Revenue
Tier I $2 MM - $5 MM Medical Revenue
Tier II $5 MM - $10 MM Medical Revenue
Tier III $10-20 MM + Medical Revenue
Tier IV $ 20MM+ Medical Revenue
Additional requirements to Managerial Level Determination:
- Total Clinic Visits
- Number of Providers
- Total FTE
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Assists Administrator with on-boarding of physicians in terms of sequencing and executing tasks/actions involving TMH support areas (e.g. Managed Care office, SPG/HPC, CBO, Medical Staff office, Telecom/IT, etc.).
2. Works with Department Administrator to coordinate all faculty and personnel (Human Resources) issues and actions, policy and procedure issues, and Faculty requests regarding administrative support staff. Consults with Department Administrator in reference to more difficult issues.
3. Coordinates/screens all initial interviews for administrative support positions and makes hiring recommendations to the Department Administrator.
4. Responsible for coordinating the annual evaluations for all clinic employees.
5. Coordinates activities of the Residency Training program by assisting Program Director with administrative aspects of program.
6. Interfaces with GME office to ensure department is compliant and that the needs of residents are met.
7. Coordinates administrative support staff workflow by monitoring workloads and redistributing assignments to meet deadlines and provide efficient utilization of administrative support staff. Is proactive in anticipating changes in priority and arranging coverage during personnel shortages and increased demands for support.
1. Responsible for coordinating the front-end billing operations of the Faculty practice.
2. Interfaces with the Centralized Billing Office (CBO) to ensure that appropriate procedures are adhered to and that accurate information is being collected and submitted.
3. Supervises Schedulers, Billers, Receptionist and other clinic support staff.
4. Establishes and maintains ¿super bill¿ and appropriate coding oversight.
5. Works with Managed Care Contracting to ensure that all physicians are appropriately credentialed with managed care plans and keeps abreast of current plan reimbursement rates.
1. Has primary responsibility for the department's clinical operations in terms of appropriate staffing levels, schedules, performance evaluations, and supply maintenance.
2. Optimizes clinic operations and patient flow to ensure quality of care provided to patients, including serving as liaison to TMH Guest Relations department.
3. Is the first-line contact for faculty and staff needing information or support regarding the clinical practice.
4. Assists in the development of a clinic operations budget and ensures that the clinical practice operates in a cost-effective manner within budget.
5. Develops annual goals and objectives for the clinic. Assists the staff in achieving goals via training and appropriate resources.
6. Conducts analysis on all clinic-related areas such as utilization, patient satisfaction, revenue enhancement opportunities, and cost-reduction opportunities.
7. Prepares monthly reports to the Administrator and Department Chair regarding clinic operations.
8. Interfaces with patients, Faculty and staff to resolve patient satisfaction issues.
1. Implements and enforces policies and procedures according to prescribed guidelines. Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures for safety, health, and security of patients and staff.
2. Manage all reporting and record-keeping functions within their realm of control.
3. Delivering periodic reports regarding operational effectiveness and performance; including budget management.
4. Serves as back-up to Department Administrator on all functions in his/her absence.
1. Execute polices to protect the privacy of all patients and adhere to the guidelines prescribed by HIPAA.
2. Enforce confidentiality policies and execute corrective actions as needed.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or a related field.
- Operations Manager I: 0-3 years of experience.
- Operations Manager II: 3-5 years of experience.
- Operations Manager III: 5-10 years of experience.
- Operations Manager IV: 10+ years of experience.
Years of experience must include, but not limited to the following:
- Experience in a healthcare professional/administrative capacity required.
- Experience in a clinic management is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a record of increased job responsibility linked to accomplishments in staff management, business office, physician billing, and coding experience.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Policy Management.
- Experience in EPIC and EMR is preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Skilled at managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
Extremely well-organized and detail oriented.
Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse physicians and staff.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Normal indoor, controlled office environment.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.