Job Ref: 26600
Talent Area: Courier/Transporter/Operations
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: Patient Transportation
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F; 5 PM-11:30 PM
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
The Transporter performs duties that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality patient care. The transporter will also be responsible for assisting with routine patient care assignments procedures under the direction of the Environmental Services / Transport Lead and the Guest Services Manager.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates working knowledge of stretchers, wheelchairs, IV’s, and beds as they relate to safety measures. EF
2. Demonstrates a working knowledge of isolation, infection control and safety procedures.
3. Trains and orients new transporters. EF
4. Cleans and cares for stretchers and beds following patient use. EF
5. Transports patients to and from the department in a safe and timely manner. Coordinates effectively. EF
6. Communicates to both Nursing and Imaging/Express departments as to any delays. EF
7. Demonstrates ICARE values. EF
8. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards. EF
9. Attends departmental and mandatory hospital meetings. EF
10. Performs other work as assigned. EF
High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
One year of transportation or nursing aid experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current BLS Certification Required
(Must be American Heart Association BCLS "Healthcare Provider")
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
An Activity Checklist is attached.
Includes office, patient care units, and invasive procedure areas. Includes exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens and radiation.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.