Job Ref: 26651
Talent Area: RN - Other
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Admin - Operations
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
SUMMARY The Operations Administrator must act independently to provide crisis management, interpret policy, make timely decisions that directly impact patient care, ensure timely and effective communication and collaboration among departments, and provide operational oversight throughout the Hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees the activity in TMH hospital operations.
2. Troubleshoots problems and/or issues regarding patient/family care, visitors, and facility issues on off shifts and weekends.
3. Manages administrative issues effectively, informs and documents pertinent information to Executive On Call, executive staff, directors and managers about issues, problems and solutions.
4. Communicates organizational information and all aspects of administrative and clinical practice in a respectful and positive way.
5. Provide bed assignments support with Clinical Bed Manager
6. Partner with public relations with outside media.
7. Maintains disaster preparedness and coordinates when critical situations occur.
8. Utilizes patient/customer service plus key principles.
9. Practices all componets of the safety program.
10. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE Values Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Registered Nurse (RN) with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required, Masters Degree preferred or Masters in Healthcare Administration/ Business required with 6-8 years hospital operational experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum 5 years of hospital experience. Experience may be substituted for part of the education requirements as appropriate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Registered Nurse, with current Texas License. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Able to communicate effectively in English. 2. Skill in verbal and written communication. 3. Exhibits good listening skills. 4. Ability to work independently. 5. Ability to analyze and solve problems. 6. Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships as required in the operating environment. 7. Knowledge of the industry. 8. Ability to work with information technology applications.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.