Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers nearly 200 beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1300 employees, with access to the most innovative medical and surgical care available, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, full-spectrum heart care, state-of-the-art imaging, cancer care, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, outpatient rehabilitation and 24/7 emergency services.
This position is responsible for the enhancement of editorial content of Houston Methodist West Hospital (HMWH) web portals including Internet, Intranet, e-communications and publications. Works alongside vendors to create original content, edits, proofs, and loads web content, ensuring consistency in style and adherence to web writing best practices and adherence to Houston Methodist (HM) web standards. Manages production and updates of graphics and multimedia on HMWH web and ensures adherence to HM brand standards. Collaborates with HM web team to ensure HM website management standards are met.
Identifies gaps in website content and makes recommendations regarding additional content. Makes recommendations regarding web content organization and navigation to ensure a user-friendly experience. Other responsibilities include management of web promotional campaigns and strategies, including pay per click campaigns and webinars, as well as producing online videos and organizing photoshoots for online use. Uses customer service skills to cultivate and build partnerships with department staff and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, creates original, edits, proofs, and publishes/loads content to support HMWH web initiatives including website content and web video scripts. Utilizes HM Content Management System and stays current on updates and applications.
- Writes and presents engaging content in a format that follows best practices, optimizes search results and is consistent with information design guidelines and brand image.
- Analyzes content needs with consideration to audience, goals and purpose of site, and relationship or adherence to HM initiatives. Identifies gaps in website content and make recommendations regarding additional content.
- Recommends content navigation and organization to best promote website message and usability, working with HM web team.
- Manages production and updates of graphics and images on HMWH web, ensuring adherence to HM brand standards.
- Manages HMWH web promotional campaigns and strategies, including pay per click campaigns, webinars, HMWH screensavers, and cross-linking opportunities. Executes web strategies and solutions that support Houston Methodist business objectives and improve online user experience.
- Develops and manages project plans and schedules/milestones/deadlines for content delivery; coordinates with other team members, clients and other stakeholders to ensure successful completion.
- Work to ensure marketing campaigns achieve budgeted commercial targets.
- Ensure optimal usability and site technical performance.
- Support marketing team in photography and video production, including facilitation of shoots/interviews, editing and posting online.
- Uses customer service skills to cultivate and build partnerships with department staff, HM web team, and other internal and external customers. Communicates and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and develops innovative ways to meet customer content needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the components of ICARE values statement.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, IT, public relations, journalism, or related field with professional experience in web copy writing. Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in web copy writing and use of Internet publishing tools. Healthcare experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent interview skills with ability to interview staff at all levels including clinicians and physicians.
- Excellent creative writing, proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Understanding of web writing best practices including search engine optimization.
- Basic understanding of web user interface and design.
- Knowledge of and ability to executive online marketing tactics.
- Ability to create, manipulate and publish graphics that adhere to graphic and web standards.
- Both self-directed and a team player with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Able to work across functional groups, create consensus, negotiate project demands and exhibit diplomacy
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management as well as outside contractors.
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to manage priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, conceptualization and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of graphic design, print/digital communications to promote hospital and physicians.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.